We’ve started to get news of the games coming to Xbox Game Pass August 2020. Yes, it’s that time of the month again already. So let’s get into the article.
We’re going to take a look at all the games that are going to be made available to game pass members as well as what we’d love to see come to the subscription service in August.
July’s game pass was a fantastic month. A real hit with the fans, so this month the team at Microsoft have a lot to live up to. Let’s hope they deliver.
Xbox Game Pass August 2020
Here’s what’s confirmed to be coming to game pass in August.
August Game Pass:
- Microsoft Flight Simulator
- Destiny 2
Destiny 2 is coming to Xbox Games Pass in August.
Dive into the free-to-play world of Destiny 2 to experience responsive first-person shooter combat, explore the mysteries of our solar system, and unleash elemental abilities against powerful enemies. Download today to create your Guardian and collect unique weapons, armor, and gear to customize your look and playstyle. Experience Destiny 2’s cinematic story alone or with friends, join other Guardians for challenging co-op missions, or compete against them in a variety of PvP modes. You decide your legend.
Microsoft Flight Simulator
The sky is calling. Experience the joy of flight in the next generation of Microsoft Flight Simulator available with Xbox Game Pass for PC on August 18th.
From light planes to wide-body jets, fly highly detailed and accurate aircraft. Test your piloting skills against the challenges of night flying, real-time atmospheric simulation and live weather in a dynamic and living world. Create your flight plan to anywhere on the planet.
The world is at your fingertips. Xbox Game Pass members can pre-install now, so you’re ready to play on day one!
Game Pass August 2020 – We’d Like To See
Whilst we wait for the full announcement of the Game Pass games for August 2020 make sure you’ve got a great deal on your membership by checking out these special offer prices over on Amazon.
Here’s a few games we’re itching to see come to game pass in August 2020:
Engage in a core role playing experience, and forge the destiny of a new world seeping with magic, and filled with riches, lost secrets, and fantastic creatures. With diplomacy, deception and force, become part of a living, evolving world – influence its course and shape your story.
The game is set in 17th century-styled fantasy setting and we would love this game to come to game pass.
Code Vein is an action role-playing game developed and published by Bandai Namco Entertainment. It was released for PlayStation 4, Xbox One, and Microsoft Windows on September 27, 2019.
The base game is fantastic and well worth the money if you were to buy it outright. So it’d make a brilliant addition to the list of game pass games.
The story is interesting and the character development is one of the most in depth we have ever seem in a game. The DLC however is a waste of money, adds very little for the price and was in all honesty a bit of a let down.
Forza Horizon 2
Forza Horizon 2 is a 2014 racing video game developed for Microsoft’s Xbox One and Xbox 360 consoles. It is the sequel to 2012’s Forza Horizon and the seventh instalment in the Forza series.
Horizon 2 has that definitive “Horizon” vibe. Every time you hope into and drive a Ferrari 458 down from Nice to Castelleto it feels as if you are actually there driving on vacation. It’s a really great game.
As more games are announced and become available we’ll update this article.
Xbox Games Pass August 2020 – Previous Free Games
All of the previous XBOX Game Pass Games added since January 2020 are detailed below. Check out the individual looks for more information.
Xbox Game Pass games added July 2020:
- Out of the Park Baseball 21
- Soulcalibur VI
- Fallout 76
Xbox Game Pass games added June 2020:
- Battlefleet Gothic Armada 2 (PC)
- Battletech (PC)
- Dungeon of the Endless (console, PC)
- Kingdom Hearts HD 1.5 & 2.5 ReMix (console)
- Kingdom Hearts HD 2.8 Final Chapter Prologue (console)
- No Man’s Sky (console , PC)
- Bard’s Tale Remastered and Resnarkled (console, PC)
- Thronebreaker (console)
Xbox Game Pass console games added May 2020:
- Red Dead Redemption (May 7th, 2020
- Wasteland 3 (May 19th, 2020)
- Minecraft Dungeons (May 26th, 2020)
- Gears Tactics (April 28th, 2020)
Xbox Game Pass console games added April 2020:
- Totally Reliable Delivery Service
- Nier Automata: Become as Gods
- Ace Combat 7: Skies Unknown
- The Surge 2
- Power Rangers: Battle for the Grid
Xbox Game Pass console games added March 2020:
- NBA 2K20 (March 5, 2020)
- Train Sim World (March 5, 2020)
- Ori and the Will of the Wisp (March 11, 2020)
- Pikuniku (March 12, 2020)
- State of Decay 2 – Juggernaut Edition (March 13, 2020)
- Ace Combat 7: Skies Unknown (March 19th, 2020)
- Kona (March 19th, 2020)
- The Surge 2 (March 19th, 2020)
- Bleeding Edge (March 24th, 2020)
- Power Rangers: Battle for the Grid (March 26th, 2020)
Xbox Game Pass console games added February 2020:
- Final Fantasy XV (added February 6th 2020)
- Wolfenstein: Youngblood (added February 6th 2020)
- Death Squared (added February 13th 2020)
- Ninja Gaiden II (added February 20th 2020)
- Kingdom Hearts 3 (added February 25th 2020)
- Two Point Hospital (added February 25th 2020)
- Wasteland Remastered (added February 25th 2020)
- Yakuza 0 (added February 26th 2020)
- Jackbox Party Pack 3 (added February 27th 2020)
Xbox Game Pass console games added January 2020:
- GTA 5 (added January 3rd 2020)
- Frostpunk: Console Edition (added January 9th 2020)
- Sword Art Online: Fatal Bullet (added January 9th 2020)
- Tekken 7 (added January 16th 2020)
- Children of Morta (added January 16th 2020)
- A Plague Tale: Innocence (added January 23rd 2020)
- Indivisible (added January 23rd 2020)
- Sea Salt (added January 30th 2020)
- Fishing Sim World: Pro Tour (added January 30th 2020)
Check out the full list of xbox games pass games, we’ll update the list to include the August 2020 games as well.
Leaving Xbox Game Pass August 2020
With the arrival of these new titles comes the departures of others from the Game Pass. And Microsoft has confirmed that a number of high-profiles games are vacating the Xbox One and PC vault this week.
Among them is Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain, the final instalment in the series by Hideo Kojima, which scored highly among reviewers and fans alike.
The good news is that if you haven’t gotten around to playing it, you have until July 15 before it is removed alongside these other games:
- Blazing Chrome (Console & PC)
- Dead Rising 4 (Console & PC)
- Metal Gear Solid V (Console and PC)
- Timespinner (PC)
- Unavowed (PC)
- Undertale (PC)
More Gaming Content
For more awesome gaming content like this, check out our gaming category pages.
If you use any of the Amazon links in this article they are affiliate links. This means that if you go onto buy something from Amazon I may get a small commission. It won’t cost you anything extra but it helps me to pay for the running costs of the blog and allows me to bring you great content! Thank you so much for your support.
CodeWithMike is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to www.amazon.co.uk.