Math wasn’t my strongest subject at school by any stretch of the imagination. But, I’m glad I stuck with it as it’s needed to solve door puzzles in Hogwarts Legacy. Don’t worry though, it’s super simple math. The Arithmancy puzzle doors are easily solved with some simple counting and very basic mental arithmetic.
How To Solve Door Puzzles
- Approach the puzzle door.
- Interact with the door to reveal the puzzle.
- Look at the two triangle patterns that spell out an equation.
- Examine each beast around the door frame.
- Allocate a number to each beast, starting bottom left is 0 ending a 9.
- Use those numbers to solve the math puzzle.
Unfortunately, the puzzle doors aren’t solvable by using the Alohomora spell. Behind the Arithmancy puzzle doors in Hogwarts Legacy is a room full of loot.
First, interact with the door to reveal the puzzle. It’ll show you two triangle patterns that spell out an equation. You need the three outside “numbers” to add up to the inner number and it just so happens that the numbers are represented by beasts.
Because of how the puzzle system works, you don’t need to find a special code to open the puzzle doors in Hogwarts Legacy. All you need to do is simply count the beasts around the edge, starting at the bottom left, count that one as zero all the way to 9.
This helps you to identify what number each beast symbolizes. This is all you need to know to solve the numerical puzzles. Solve the puzzle and that’ll open the doors.
There is a cheat sheet in the game that explains how to solve it, you’ll probably not find it however as there aren’t any directions or clues that points you in the right direction. It’s just pure dumb luck that you’d find it.
Fear not though, I’ve written the following guide on how to solve the puzzles by finding the cheat sheet.
Hogwarts Legacy Door Puzzles: Finding the Cheat Sheet
- Using fast travel, go to the Divination Classroom Floo Flame.
- Turn around, go back through the door and walk along the wooden walkway.
- Get to a junction, turn right, you’ll eventually reach a small landing with a chalkboard.
- To the right of the chalkboard you’ll see a blue treasure box.
- Search the box and pick up the cipher page.
More Gaming Content
Liked our guide on how to unlock doors in Hogwarts? For more awesome gaming content like this, check out our gaming category pages. They’re jam packed with reviews, guides and opinion pieces. For any tech recommendations and reviews, hit up our tech pages.