Here’s our comprehensive guide on How To Connect Bluetooth Headphones To Xbox One. The chances are you’ve used a clunky gaming headset plugged into your control pad.
Well, times are changing and more and more totally wireless headphones are being released onto the headphone market. It makes sense then to ensure you know how to connect bluetooth headphones to your xbox one controller / Console.
The most popular style of headphones are now Bluetooth. They work almost flawlessly with most smart devices. But, I have in the past struggled to connect them to my Xbox One or Xbox One X.
It turns out that native Bluetooth connectivity for headphones is something that the Xbox One and Xbox One X is missing.
The ability to connect any Bluetooth headsets or earphones to the Xbox will be a welcome addition to the next gen consoles but for now there is no official way to use wireless headphones with your console.
How To Connect Bluetooth Headphones To Xbox One
You have two options. Unfortunately both options involve a small initial financial outlay of around £15 / $15. But it’ll solve the problem!
There is an awesome product that enables us to solve the connectivity problem. Thankfully it’ll will allow you to easily and seamlessly connect your Bluetooth Headphones to your console
It’s called the TaoTronic Bluetooth Transmitter, you can check it out via the affiliate link.
So what are the two options?
Option 1: Connect Bluetooth Headphones To Xbox One
- Ensure your XBOX One or XBOX One X is connected to your TV via the HDMI cable as it usually is.
- Plug the TaoTronic Bluetooth Transmitter into your TV’s 3.5MM headphone Jack.
- Connect your Bluetooth Headphones to the Bluetooth Transmitter.
- Enjoy your audio via your headphones.
Option 2 Instructions:
- Insert the TaoTronic Bluetooth Transmitter into the 3.5mm Aux port on the Xbox Controller
- Turn the transmitter on.
- Turn your headphones on.
- Press and hold the pairing button or follow your headphone instructions
- Your Headphones should now pair with your Xbox One, indicated by a solid blue light on the TaoTronics Transmitter.
- Your Bluetooth Headphones will now be fully connected allowing you to listen through them while you play some awesome Xbox games.
Other Helpful Answers
The Xbox One control pad has a 3.5mm audio port. Using this port you can connect a bluetooth transmitter that you can use as an adapter to connect your wireless headphones.
Bluetooth Headphones, Wired Stereo Headphones, Official Xbox Headset.
If it’s wired you can plug it into the Xbox One controller. As long as it’s a current gen one. If it’s wired, you can follow this guide.
In theory Apple earbuds should work with the Xbox one. However, you may experience some disruptions and it may not be a stable connection.
More Tech Review Content
For more awesome tech content like this, check out our tech and review category pages.
The Amazon links in this article are affiliate links. This means that if you go onto buy something from Amazon after clicking on them we may get a small commission. It won’t cost you anything extra but it helps us pay towards the running costs of the blog. It allows us to bring you great content! Thank you so much for your support.
CodeWithMike is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to www.amazon.co.uk.